LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ts1, sip vape static and boxpipe, starting/running issues( f

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Ts1, sip vape static and boxpipe, starting/running issues( f

Postby Speedy Hufton » Wed May 29, 2024 11:35 pm

Spoke to a mate earlier who's going France euro and he's got a couple of woes with bike starting after running. I have no idea about the sip vape other than folk saying they are very good so couldn't help. His issue is that he starts the bike, goes a run local or a distance, gets back and next day it simply wunna start until he changes the plug?? He uses NGK B9ES, so I asked if he'd tried an N3 Champion out of curiosity and he has plus also nipping densu, still the same. A dealer said try a new sip stator as they fail regularly??? Not heard this mesen.
I asked if he'd checked the reeds as I had a similar issue when they were worn on mine, but all he knew was that they've been in for 3 000 miles. He dunna do his own rebuild so I thought I'd ask. Anyone got any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers, Speedy.
Speedy Hufton

Re: Ts1, sip vape static and boxpipe, starting/running issue

Postby Fast n Furious » Fri May 31, 2024 9:36 pm

Try starting the cold engine by first giving the carb throat a good squirt of "Easy start".
If it doesn't fire up, then I would suspect it's because of a weak spark or non at all.
Fast n Furious

Postby missing lynx » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:56 am

What do the plugs look like he takes out?
missing lynx

Postby Speedy Hufton » Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:35 pm

Thanks both. Re easy start, it always starts on a new plug and will start all day long until left overnight??? Re plug odour I'll get back to him on that, cheers both Speedy
Speedy Hufton

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:02 pm

Check that all the earths are good with the vape ;)
ULC Soulagent

Return to Tuning & Kits