LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Rally Accomadation

List and promote rallies or scooter events in the UK.

Rally Accomadation

Postby Farmer Childe » Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:11 pm

Not sure if this is happening to others but myself and a few lads have been booking accommodation for some of the rallies this year and the BnB’s /Hotels have cancelled on us last minute, the worst was Whitby . A total of 2 grand spent on digs which equal to three different properties booked all cancelling , the lastest someone was already on holiday. I am thinking that they are getting better offers , Isle of wight was booked and payment made , a month later received a email saying they was returning money because they overbooked , it took them a month the work it out ? . Camping ⛺️ is always still an option but we ain’t getting any younger and where possible it’s nice to have a bed . Do they still want scooterists ? they certainly like the money being sent , since lock down more holiday at home is the rally money needed ?
Farmer Childe

Re: Rally Accomadation

Postby Toddy » Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Luckily never had an issue with digs but I know a few suffered at Ambleside as a hotel they were booked in shut down and did not inform them till they were there :evil:
Toddy

Re: Rally Accomadation

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:53 pm

This has been happening for years. B&Bs and Hotels have been struggling to make ends meet, even before the pandemic lockdown. If they sense they can get more money for their rooms, they cancel for a variety of spurious reasons.

It’s nothing to do with victimising scooterists.
Storkfoot

Return to UK Rallies & Events