LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gori tubeless split rims

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Gori tubeless split rims

Postby MacSXGP » Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:59 pm

Hello. Is anyone using the Gori tubeless split rims on their bike ? Or anyone with any information on what they perform like, pros and cons etc ?
MacSXGP

Re: Gori tubeless split rims

Postby gp200ts1 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:14 am

I run them on my series 1 and my gp. Fit good and run true. dead easy to fit tyres and to remove them. changed the supplied bolts for ones a few mm longer and use stainless nyloc nuts instead. No cons yet, only downside was the wait for the second pair i bought. ordered them from VE in February last year and received them June this year but that was down to the Italians not VE. run lambretta re-store split tubeless on my series 2 and carbon Gp and they were great too but they are no longer made so Gori is a better option than struggling with SIP rims.
gp200ts1

Re: Gori tubeless split rims

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:58 am

gp200ts1 wrote:I run lambretta re-store split tubeless on my series 2 and carbon Gp and they were great too but they are no longer made so Gori is a better option than struggling with SIP rims.

I bought a set of the original Lambretta Restore split rims & have yet to build them as - to be fair to the seller in telling me - there were issues with the sealing.

The design of the Lambretta Restore rims uses ‘O’ rings to seal & there is very little space between the eight fixing holes & the inner rim profile. Consequently, the ‘O’ ring groove has distorted at some of the areas near the fixing holes as in ‘bulged’ toward them.

I’ve not given up on them as they will (eventually!) polish up nicely & look very OEM but in alloy. I think that something a bit cleverer than a simple bolt & nut needs to be utilised for the four non-hub- fixing fasteners. I have searched for something like an M8 lug bolt with serrations under the head (like used to be common in automotive trailer hubs) so once pressed in would only require washers & nuts fitted on the one side, as OEM.

I’m surprised you have not experienced issues in sealing the Lambretta Restore rims :?: However, back on subject, I think the Gori rims have been designed specifically to obviate the issues that can otherwise arise :idea:

Edit:

I was unaware until now that there is information on the SLUK site! I must be living in a parallel universe sometimes :roll:

https://archive.scooterlab.uk/gori-lamb ... -workshop/
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3